- Headquarters is defined as the main office or central of control.
- An example of headquarters is the main office of Coca Cola in Atlanta where the executives and managers are located.
- An example of headquarters is the area where the general and other commanders are located and give orders from during a war.
The headquarters for the Department of Defence is the Pentagon.
- the main office, or center of operations and control, of anyone in command, as in an army or police force
- the main office or center of control in any organization
plural noun(used with a sing. or pl. verb)
- The offices of a commander, as of a military unit, from which orders are issued.
- A center of operations or administration: The company has its headquarters in the suburbs.