- Headquarters is defined as the main office or central of control.
- An example of headquarters is the main office of Coca Cola in Atlanta where the executives and managers are located.
- An example of headquarters is the area where the general and other commanders are located and give orders from during a war.
The headquarters for the Department of Defence is the Pentagon.
headquarters definition by Webster's New World
- the main office, or center of operations and control, of anyone in command, as in an army or police force
- the main office or center of control in any organization
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- headquarter transitive verb
headquarters definition by American Heritage Dictionary
plural noun (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
- The offices of a commander, as of a military unit, from which orders are issued.
- A center of operations or administration: The company has its headquarters in the suburbs. See Synonyms at center.