- with the head or front foremost: a head-on collision
- directly; esp., in direct opposition: to meet a problem head-on
- With the head or front first: The cars crashed head-on.
- In open conflict; in direct opposition: “I have wondered since whether it would have been wiser to meet the issue head-on” (Henry A. Kissinger).
- Facing forward; frontal.
- With the front end foremost: a head-on collision.
- The adjective is also head on, especially when appearing after the verb, as in
- She likes to tackle problems head on.