A child riding a hobbyhorse.
hobbyhorse definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a figure of a horse attached to the waist of a person doing a morris dance so that the person seems to be riding it
- such a dancer
- a child's toy consisting of a stick with a horse's head at one end: it is straddled in a pretense of riding
- rocking horse
- a scheme or idea with which one is preoccupied
hobbyhorse definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A child's riding toy that consists of a long stick with an imitation horse's head on one end.b. See rocking horse.
- a. A figure of a horse worn attached to the waist of a mummer, as in a morris dance.b. A person wearing such a figure.
- a. A favorite hobby.b. A topic that one frequently brings up or dwells on; a fixation.