- that is an adult
- of, for, or like an adult
The definition of grown-up is someone or something that is mature or intended for an adult.
An example of something that would be described as grown up is an R rated movie.
- Of, characteristic of, or intended for adults: a grown-up discussion.
- Having or showing maturity in outlook, attitude, or appearance: a grown-up attitude toward work.
(comparative more grownup, superlative most grownup)
- An adult.
(comparative more grown-up, superlative most grown-up)
- Grown-up funk encompasses a great many categories, including retro-inspired artwork, geometric patterns, and imaginative prints, while childlike funk may include images of food, animals and or other kid-friendly objects.
- Stringing the tree with popcorn and opening the Advent calendar are terrific holiday traditions, but sometimes, having an assortment of creative adult Christmas games to play makes grown-up gatherings more festive.
- It is available in a wide range of solid, printed, and plaid fabrics and used to make women’s pajamas that are essentially grown-up versions of childhood favorites in styles that never go out of fashion.
- Taylor Lautner: He's been in show biz since childhood, but it was his grown-up role in the hugely popular Twilight series that made Lautner a heartthrob to teen girls (and even adult women) everywhere.
- You'll find two different brands here: the Steve Madden signature collection and the new "Steven" brand, which features Madden's slightly more grown-up line for Spring.Shoes are searchable by style.