- that is an adult
- of, for, or like an adult
The definition of grown-up is someone or something that is mature or intended for an adult.
An example of something that would be described as grown up is an R rated movie.
- Of, characteristic of, or intended for adults: a grown-up discussion.
- Having or showing maturity in outlook, attitude, or appearance: a grown-up attitude toward work.
(comparative more grownup, superlative most grownup)
- An adult.
(comparative more grown-up, superlative most grown-up)
- Taylor Lautner: He's been in show biz since childhood, but it was his grown-up role in the hugely popular Twilight series that made Lautner a heartthrob to teen girls (and even adult women) everywhere.
- You'll find two different brands here: the Steve Madden signature collection and the new "Steven" brand, which features Madden's slightly more grown-up line for Spring.Shoes are searchable by style.
- Kids instantly fell in love with them for many reasons, mainly because they could make believe they were grown-up while driving around their backyard in their own miniature battery powered vehicle.
- Kids will have fun coloring these cute apple characters, while grown-up crafters may want to try using them as scrapbook paper piecing patterns for fall and back to school layout themes.
- She did take on guest roles on sitcoms such as Cybill and Boy Meets World, but it was her role in two television movies that gave audiences a more grown-up view of the young actress.