The definition of graduation is when you receive an academic diploma after completing your education, or is the event at which the diploma is granted, or is a line or mark that shows the next level.noun
An example of graduation is when you finish college and get your diploma at a special ceremony.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- a graduating or being graduated from a school or college
- the ceremony connected with this; commencement
- a marking of a flask, tube, gauge, etc. with a series of degrees for measuring
- one or all of the degrees marked; a degree or scale
- an arrangement or classification into grades according to amount, size, etc.
Origin: ML graduatio < pp. of graduare: see graduate
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. Conferral or receipt of an academic degree or diploma marking completion of studies.b. A ceremony at which degrees or diplomas are conferred; a commencement.
- a. A division or interval on a graduated scale.b. A mark indicating the boundary of such an interval.
- An arrangement in or a division into stages or degrees.