Friends is defined as members of the Religious Society of Friends, also known as the Quakers.
A religious order that believes that all members are ministers is an example of the Friends.
of or having to do with Friends, or Quakers
- plural form of friend
- Participants in a two-way friendship relationship.
- I tried to be a friend to Jane but we never really made friends. She was never a friend to me.
- Jane and I made friends right away.
- We became friends in the war and remain friends to this day.
- We were friends with some girls from the other school and stayed friends with them.
- We usually make a friend, or make friends with someone. See Appendix:Collocations of do, have, make, and take
- The Quakers; the Society of Friends.
- plural form of Friend