Jerry was glad that he chose to reach out to his old friends because they had a great time together.
- An example of to reach out is to conduct market research with customers.
- An example of to reach out is to call a relative that you haven't spoken to in years.
- An example of to reach out is to schedule a staff meeting for next Tuesday.
Reach out is defined as to get in touch with someone or to plan a meeting.
- (intransitive) To extend one's hand(s) forward.
- He reached out to catch the falling snowflake.
- (intransitive) to ask for help
- His drug overdose was just him reaching out to you.
- (intransitive) to make more friends, to increase one's group of friends or acquaintances.
- Volunteering projects can be good ways to reach out
- (intransitive), (management jargon) to attempt to initiate communication (with someone)