Sports not limited to a specified style, pattern of movement, etc.
- a freestyle competition
- Swimming a race in which contestants may use any stroke but most use the crawl
- a style of wrestling in which any hold or throw is allowed
- a. A rapid swimming stroke consisting of alternating overarm strokes and a flutter kick; the crawl.b. A swimming event or leg of an event in which the contestants may choose any stroke.
- A competition, as in figure skating, skiing, or surfing, in which any maneuver or movement is allowed and competitors are judged on their artistic expression, acrobatic skill, and athleticism.
- A style of wrestling in which all noninjurious holds or tactics are permitted.
(countable and uncountable, plural freestyles)
- A swimming event in which the contestants may choose any stroke.
- (By extension) The swimming stroke commonly referred to as the front crawl or the Australian crawl.
- A style of wrestling in which any non-injurious holds are permitted.
- A sports event where competitors can choose their own method of participation.
- A form of rapping in which the emcee makes up lyrics while rapping.
- Modifying programming code in production and quality assurance environments, violating the existing procedures for promoting the same.
(third-person singular simple present freestyles, present participle freestyling, simple past and past participle freestyled)