- containing or made up of flakes
- breaking easily into flakes
- ⌂ Slang very eccentric, erratic, irrational, etc.
- Made of or resembling flakes.
- Forming or tending to form flakes or thin, crisp fragments: flaky pastry.
- Slang Somewhat eccentric; odd: “that slightly flakey quality, in joy as well as in grief, that prepares us subtly for the mad scenes to come” (Village Voice).
(comparative flakier, superlative flakiest)
- Consisting of flakes or of small, loose masses; lying, or cleaving off, in flakes or layers; flakelike.
- (informal, of a person) Unreliable; prone to make plans with others but then abandon those plans.
- Some of his friends were flaky.
- (informal, of a thing) Unreliable; working only on an intermittent basis; prone to cease functioning properly.
- I cannot enjoy the online game because of my flaky Internet connection.
flake + -y (“having the quality of”)