- at the end; in conclusion
- decisively; conclusively; irrevocably
- at last; eventually: after many seasons, our team finally won a championship
Finally is defined as at last, in conclusion or at the end.
An example of finally is dinner being served after waiting a very long time.
final + -ly
- Finally he glanced up and met her questioning gaze.
- I finally left Walden September 6th, 1847.
- Finally he pulled away.
- That sounds like her fever finally broke.
- Finally Carmen picked up Destiny and stood.