- Divided or shared in two equal portions: a fifty-fifty split.
- Being equally likely or unlikely: had a fifty-fifty chance of surviving.
- in half; so that both parts of the whole are equal.
- I'll do the hard work, you organise the team, and we'll split profits fifty-fifty.
- (sports) A challenge between two opposing players, where both have an equal chance of taking possession.
- Maintaining a fifty-fifty ratio of browns to greens is ideal.
- His expression was a fifty-fifty mixture of pain and anger.
- The lady at the library bought 'em. We was fifty-fifty on that stuff.