A bird eats from a feeder.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a person or thing that feeds; specif.,
- a device that feeds material into a machine
- a device that supplies food to animals or birds
- an animal, esp. a steer, being fattened
- anything that supplies or leads into something else; tributary; specif., a branch transportation line (in full )
- Elec. a conductor supplying current or signals to a substation, antenna, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One that supplies food: a bird feeder on a window ledge.
- One that is fed, especially an animal that is being fattened for market.
- A worker or device that feeds materials into a machine for further processing.
- Something that contributes to the operation, maintenance, or supply of something else, especially:a. A tributary stream.b. A branch line of a transport system, as of an airline or a railroad.
- Any of the medium-voltage lines used to distribute electric power from a substation to consumers or to smaller substations.
- A transmission line between an antenna and a transmitter.