- Exude is defined as to show a lot of a certain feeling or to slowly discharge something.
- When you project or radiate confidence, this is an example of a situation where you exude confidence.
- When sweat slowly comes out of your pores, this is an example of a situation where your pores exude sweat.
verbex·ud·ed, ex·ud·ing, ex·udes
- To discharge or emit (a liquid or gas, for example) gradually.
- To exhibit in abundance: a face that exuded self-satisfaction.
Origin of exudeLatin exsūdāre : ex-, ex- + sūdāre, to sweat; see sweid- in Indo-European roots.
(third-person singular simple present exudes, present participle exuding, simple past and past participle exuded)
Latin exudare, exsudare (“to sweat out”).