- causing intense physical or mental pain; agonizing
- intense or extreme: with excruciating attention to detail
The definition of excruciating is something that is extremely bad, such as extreme pain or extreme mental anguish.
Getting a tooth pulled without Novocaine is an example of something that might be described as excruciating.
- Intensely painful; agonizing.
- Very intense or extreme: wrote with excruciating precision.
(comparative more excruciating, superlative most excruciating)
- Comfortable: These briefs are cool and comfortable, particularly during the warmer months when it can feel excruciating to have any type of clothing against your skin.
- There, a man by the name of Roy Raymond decided that he had had it with trying to purchase lingerie at women's department stores; the embarrassment was excruciating, and the sales help, paltry.
- A screaming child may not be misbehaving - rather, they may be experiencing the fabric of their shirt or the sounds in their environment as excruciating pain.
- If the pain isn't too excruciating for you, blossom the tattoo out from there, and create a collage that symbolizes your existence in more than one way.
- If you have skinny calves, it can be an excruciating task to wander from store to store, never knowing if you'll find that perfect pair of sexy boots.