- The definition of excruciating is something that is extremely bad, such as extreme pain or extreme mental anguish.
Getting a tooth pulled without Novocaine is an example of something that might be described as excruciating.
- causing intense physical or mental pain; agonizing
- intense or extreme: with excruciating attention to detail
- Intensely painful; agonizing.
- Very intense or extreme: wrote with excruciating precision.
(comparative more excruciating, superlative most excruciating)
Variant of excruciate