The definition of entry level is a starting point in the employment market, in education or when learning a new skill.
An example of entry level is the job a person usually gets when first graduating from school and entering the employment market.
- designating or of a job or position offered to an inexperienced person, that usually pays low wages but provides training and experience and the prospect of future advancement
- basic; introductory: an entry-level course in psychology
- Appropriate for or one who is new to something, such as a job or activity: an entry-level job in sales; an entry-level computer.
- Of or relating to a job or position that requires little experience and is low in a hierarchy: entry-level wages.
- Appropriate for a beginner; basic: an entry-level digital camera.