- Enhancing is defined as making something greater or improving the quality of something.
An example of enhancing is earning a master's degree to become more well versed in a subject and obtain higher paying jobs.
- Present participle of enhance.
Variant of enhance
transitive verbenhanced, enhancing
- to make greater, as in cost, value, attractiveness, etc.; heighten; augment
- to improve the quality or condition of
- to improve electronically the quality or clarity of (a photograph or other image) as by means of a computer
Origin of enhanceMiddle English enhauncen ; from Anglo-French enhauncer ; from Old French enhaucier ; from Vulgar Latin an unverified form inaltiare ; from in-, en- + an unverified form altiare, to raise ; from Classical Latin altus, high