- Present participle of enhance.
Enhancing is defined as making something greater or improving the quality of something.
An example of enhancing is earning a master's degree to become more well versed in a subject and obtain higher paying jobs.
- He was clean and well-dressed for the first time, his tailored clothing enhancing his muscular, lean build.
- His bite had the effect of enhancing anything he did to a woman.
- As a single loaf could not satisfy the hunger of many, the rehearsal in these meals of Christ's own action must have been a crowning episode, enhancing their sanctity.
- That is to say, Grote supposes that for at least eight and forty years, from 447 to 399, the paid professors had no professional title; that, this period having elapsed, a youthful opponent succeeded in fastening an uncomplimentary title not only upon the contemporary teachers, but also, retrospectively, upon their predecessors; and that, artfully enhancing the indignity of the title affixed, he thus obscured, perverted and effaced the records and the memories of the past.