A stone embossment on a garden wall.
- The act or process of embossing or the condition of being embossed.
- Embossed ornamentation.
- The distance between the nondeformed part of a document surface and a specified point on a printed character in optical character recognition.
- The result of embossing; something that has been embossed.
- The process or act of embossing.
Variant of emboss
- to decorate or cover with designs, patterns, etc. raised above the surface
- to carve, raise, or print (a design, etc.) so that it is raised above the surface; raise in relief
- to embellish; ornament
Origin of embossMiddle English embocen ; from Old French embocer: see en- and amp; boss