A woman shopping in an electronics store.
An example of electronics are radios, computers, and televisions.
- (used with a sing. verb) The science and technology of electronic phenomena.
- (used with a pl. verb) Electronic devices and systems: The electronics aboard the new aircraft are very sophisticated.
- (physics) The study and use of electrical devices that operate by controlling the flow of electrons or other electrically charged particles.
- Electronics is a popular subject.
- (in the plural) A device or devices which require the flow of electrons through conductors and semiconductors in order to perform their function; devices that operate on electrical power (battery or outlet);
- Look at all the electronics in this room!
- Electronic circuitry.
- The electronics is the difference between a modern and an old-fashion thermostat.
- The electronics are completely updated.
- electronic calculator
- electronic games