A woman shopping in an electronics store.
Electronics is defined as devices run by electric power or the field of studying such items.
An example of electronics are radios, computers, and televisions.
the science that deals with the behavior and control of electrons in vacuums and gases, and with the use of electron tubes, photoelectric cells, transistors, etc.
electronic equipment, systems, etc.
- used with a sing. verb The science and technology of electronic phenomena.
- used with a pl. verb Electronic devices and systems: The electronics aboard the new aircraft are very sophisticated.
- (physics) The study and use of electrical devices that operate by controlling the flow of electrons or other electrically charged particles.
- Electronics is a popular subject.
- (in the plural) A device or devices which require the flow of electrons through conductors and semiconductors in order to perform their function; devices that operate on electrical power (battery or outlet);
- Look at all the electronics in this room!
- Electronic circuitry.
- The electronics is the difference between a modern and an old-fashion thermostat.
- The electronics are completely updated.
- electronic calculator
- electronic games