- Effusive is defined as something or someone showing unrestrained emotion or thankfulness.
An example of effusive is when you are so grateful and happy that you hug someone and thank them many times.
- Archaic pouring out or forth; overflowing
- expressing excessive emotion in an unrestrained manner; too demonstrative
- Geol. extrusive (sense )
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Unrestrained or excessive in emotional expression; gushy: an effusive manner.
- Profuse; overflowing: effusive praise.
- ef·fuˈsive·ly adverb
- ef·fuˈsive·ness noun