- Archaic pouring out or forth; overflowing
- expressing excessive emotion in an unrestrained manner; too demonstrative
- Geol. extrusive (sense )
Effusive is defined as something or someone showing unrestrained emotion or thankfulness.
An example of effusive is when you are so grateful and happy that you hug someone and thank them many times.
- Unrestrained or excessive in emotional expression; gushy: an effusive manner.
- Profuse; overflowing: effusive praise.
(comparative more effusive, superlative most effusive)
From Latin effundere.
- Many bright and effusive colors are appreciated by cutting-edge designers, but these colors and prints may be a little too loud and distracting to be church appropriate.