Dug is defined as uncovered or removed.
An example of dug is to have used a shovel to uncover something that was buried.
pt. & pp. of dig
a female animal's nipple, teat, or udder: sometimes used contemptuously of a woman's breast
Origin of dugfrom same base as Danish daegge, to suckle, causative of die, to suck from Indo-European base an unverified form dh?: see female
An udder, breast, or teat of a female animal.
Origin of dugOrigin unknown
Past tense and past participle of dig
- (chiefly in the plural) Mammary gland on domestic mammal containing more than two breasts.
- simple past tense and past participle of dig
- He dug the keys out of his pocket.
- She dug it out of her pocket.
- All the good stuff here has been dug out already.
- Cheered by the sight of food, Deidre dug in.
- He dug in his pocket.