- Drool is defined as saliva that falls from the mouth.
Saliva that drips or falls from the mouth is an example of drool.
- To drool is defined as to have saliva drip or fall from the mouth, or is slang for making an obvious show of pleasure over something.
- When a baby has saliva dripping from his mouth, this is an example of a situation where a baby drools.
- When you really admire and love your friend's new kitchen, this is an example of a situation where you might say you drool over her kitchen.
A baby with drool or drivel coming from her lip.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- to let saliva flow from one's mouth; drivel
- to flow from the mouth, as saliva
- Slang to speak in a silly or stupid way
- Slang to be overly enthusiastic, eager, etc.
Origin: ; from drivel
- to let drivel from the mouth
- Slang to say in a silly or stupid way
- saliva running from the mouth
- ☆ Slang silly, stupid talk; nonsense
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
verb drooled, drool·ing, drools verb, intransitive
- To let saliva run from the mouth; drivel.
- Informal To make an extravagant show of appreciation or desire.
- Informal To talk nonsense.
- Informal Senseless talk; drivel.
Origin: Perhaps alteration of drivel.