People walking downstairs.
- down the stairs
- on or to a lower floor
situated on a lower floor
a lower floor or floors
- Down the stairs: raced my friend downstairs.
- To or on a lower floor: waited downstairs while her parents were getting dressed.
noun(used with a sing. verb)
The lower or main floor.
adjectivedownstairs also down·stair
Located on a lower or main floor.
(comparative further downstairs, superlative furthest downstairs)
- A floor lower than the one a speaker currently occupies.
(comparative more downstairs, superlative most downstairs)
- living, stepping, or coming down the stairs
- (slang) The genitalia
- The wind lifted up her skirt and I caught a glimpse of her downstairs.