ground floorground floor
in on the ground floor
- The floor of a building at or nearest ground level.
- Informal The beginning of a venture, especially regarded as a position of advantage: investors vying to get in on the ground floor of a development project.
(plural ground floors)
- The floor of a building closest to ground level; first floor (US)
- (informal) The initial stage of a project
- Situated on the ground floor
ground floor - Investment & Finance Definition
The beginning or first stage of a new company. This phrase is used to describe an investment opportunity that is potentially lucrative because the investor can get in at the beginning, therefore sharing in maximum price appreciation.