A vertical pipe for carrying rainwater down from a roof gutter.
- This connection diverts water into the barrel while preventing debris to enter the barrel The debris is bypassed and continues through the downspout.
- Most rain barrel kits provide you with a diverter or adapter so you can connect directly to the downspout of your rooftop rain gutter system.
- A good kit will contain a complete set of instructions on how to install a rain barrel to the downspout of your rooftop rain gutter.
- To do so it's best to start at the end opposite the downspout and aim the hose toward it.
- Spray them clean and test the downspout to make sure there are no clogs.