- Doomsday is defined as the time of God's final judgment, the day the world ends, or is a time when something terrible or dangerous will happen.
- Judgment Day in the Christian religion is an example of doomsday.
- The day when people cease to exist and when the world comes to an end with the planet being annihilated and everyone being killed is an example of doomsday.
- The scenario of a dire world future with a barren, hot Earth if global warming continues is an example of a doomsday.
- Judgment Day
- any day of reckoning
- any catastrophic day
Origin of doomsdayMiddle English domesdai ; from Old English domes dæg ; from domes, genitive of dom, doom + day
- Judgment Day.
- An anticipated or feared catastrophic event, especially one on a global scale.
Origin of doomsdayMiddle English domesday, from Old English dōmes dæg : dōmes, genitive of dōm, judgment; see doom + dæg, day; see Day .