- do not
- does not: generally considered a nonstandard usage
Don't is defined as do not.
An example of don't is someone saying they do not eat meat; they don't eat meat.
- Contraction of do not.
- Nonstandard Contraction of does not.
A statement of what should not be done: a list of the dos and don'ts.
- Stop!, Don't do that!
- Something that must not be done (usually in the phrase dos and don'ts).
OriginSee also: dont
From do + -n't.
- Don't worry about it.
- Why don't we go out for supper tonight - just us and the kids?
- They don't scare us much.
- Don't forget your manners.
- We simply don't understand how it can be so.