Does references the performance or achievements of another.
An example of does is telling a friend that your husband is in marketing, "He does marketing."
Third person singular present tense of do1
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of do
From the verb do.
- plural form of doe
From the noun doe (“female deer”).
- He does not like to do anything else.
- Why does the rain fall?
- What difference does it make?
- When I see that she is eager to tell me something, but is hampered because she does not know the words, I supply them and the necessary idioms, and we get along finely.
- Eventually we reach the point where the technology does everything we need it to do.