Sculptures of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
- a satirical novel by Cervantes, published in two parts (1605, 1615)
- the hero of this novel, who tries in a chivalrous but unrealistic way to rescue the oppressed and fight evil
An impractical idealist bent on righting incorrigible wrongs.
Origin of Don QuixoteAfter Don Quixote, hero of a satirical chivalric romance by Miguel de Cervantes.
- A Spanish novel whose full title is El ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha (The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha).
- The protagonist of the novel.
(plural Don Quixotes)
- Any person or character who displays quixotism.
From Old Spanish Don Quixote.