- a. dividedb. division
- (mathematics, computing) a function, implemented in many programming languages, that returns the result of a division of two integers
- (vector calculus) short for divergence; a kind of differential operator
- (slang) A foolish person; an idiot.
- (web design) A section of a web page, or the div HTML element which represents it in computer code.
- (UK) divinity, mainly used by schoolchildren.
- (UK, Eton College, slang) A division; a lesson.
- (law) Abbreviation of division.
This is the customary abbreviation of this term as used in case citations. See, e.g., The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, Nineteenth Edition (2010), "Case Names and Institutional Authors in Citations", Table T6, p. 430-431.