An example of differentiation is having one group of people who are for an issue and a second group of people who are against an issue.
- a differentiating or being differentiated
- Biol. the modification of an organ, tissue, etc. in structure or function during development into a more specialized state
- Math. the working out of the differential or derivative
- a. The act or process of differentiating.b. The state of becoming differentiated.
- Mathematics The process of computing a derivative.
- Biology The process by which cells or tissues undergo a change toward a more specialized form or function, especially during embryonic development.
- The act of differentiating.
- The act of distinguishing or describing a thing, by giving its different, or specific difference; exact definition or determination.
- The gradual formation or production of organs or parts by a process of evolution or development, as when the seed develops the root and the stem, the initial stem develops the leaf, branches, and flower buds; or in animal life, when the germ evolves the digestive and other organs and members, or when the animals as they advance in organization acquire special organs for specific purposes.
- (geology) The process of separation of cooling magma into various rock types.
- (calculus) The process of determining the derived function of a function.