dependency[dē pen′dən sē, di-]
- Dependency is defined as a state of needing something or someone.
When you rely on coffee to get you through the day, this is an example of a caffeine dependency.
nounpl. de·pen·den·cies also de·pen·dan·cies
- Something dependent or subordinate.
- A minor territory under the jurisdiction of a government.
- A state of dependence; a refusal to exercise initiative.
- Something dependent on, or subordinate to, something else:
- A colony, or a territory subject to rule by an external power.
- A dependence on a habit-forming substance such as a drug or alcohol; addiction.
- (computing) Reliance on the functionality provided by some other, external component.
- This library has a lot of dependencies. We have to compile all of those other libraries first.
- dependee, depender