- Dependency is defined as a state of needing something or someone.
When you rely on coffee to get you through the day, this is an example of a caffeine dependency.
- something dependent or subordinate
- a land or territory geographically distinct from the country governing it, and held in trust or as a possession, etc. in a subordinate status
- addiction to alcohol or drugs
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
also de·pen·dan·cynoun pl. de·pen·den·cies also de·pen·dan·cies
- Something dependent or subordinate.
- A territory under the jurisdiction of a state of which it does not form an integral part.