- a standstill resulting from the action of equal and opposed forces; stalemate
- a tie between opponents in the course of a contest
to bring or come to a deadlock
- A standstill resulting from the opposition of two unrelenting forces or factions.
- Sports A tied score.
- Computers A failure or inability to proceed due to two programs or devices both requiring a response from the other before completing an operation.
- Chiefly British A deadbolt.
tr. & intr.v.dead·locked, dead·lock·ing, dead·locks
To bring or come to a deadlock.
(third-person singular simple present deadlocks, present participle deadlocking, simple past and past participle deadlocked)
- to cause or to come to a deadlock