- an obstacle formed by logs jamming together in a stream
- an accumulation of unfinished work, unresolved problems, etc.; backlog
- a deadlock or impasse
- An immovable mass of floating logs crowded together.
- A deadlock, as in negotiations; an impasse.
- An excess of logs being conveyed on a river, so that their motion halts.
- (figuratively) A clog or such jam or mess that halts or greatly delays progress.
- Efforts to amend the law got sidetracked in an administrative logjam.
- A step forward for the minimum wage increase this afternoon, as the Senate cleared the logjam of the Republican filibuster.