the act or result of cutting back; specif.,
- a reduction or discontinuance, as of production, personnel, etc.
- ⌂ a sequence of earlier events introduced at a later point in a novel, film, etc.
- A decrease; a curtailment: “The political effects of food cutbacks could be devastating” (New York Times).
- A sharp reversal of direction, as of a ball carrier in football.
- A reduction in an existing program of some sort.
- (surfing) Maneuver where the surfer turns and surfs back towards where the wave is breaking.
- (roofing) Solvent-thinned bitumen used in cold process roofing adhesives, cements and coatings.
- (soccer) An offensive pass played into a position further from the attacking goal line.