coronet[kôr′ə net′, kär′-; kôr′ə net′, kär′-]
coronet definition by Webster's New World
- a small crown worn by princes and others of high rank
- an ornamental band of precious metal, jewels, flowers, etc., worn around the head
- the part of a horse's foot just above the hoof
Origin: Middle English corounet ; from Old French coronete, diminutive of corone ; from Classical Latin corona, crown
- coroneted adjective
coronet definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A small crown worn by princes and princesses and by other nobles below the rank of sovereign.
- A chaplet or headband decorated with gold or jewels.
- The upper margin of a horse's hoof.
Origin: Middle English coronette, from Old French, diminutive of corone, crown, from Latin corōna; see Crown .