- The definition of come on means a sexual advance.
An example of a come on is a man at a bar asking a woman about her astrological sign.
- The phrase come on is when someone encourages you to do something to which you have said no.
An example of come on is what a persistent friend says to someone who already said no to playing outside.
- an inviting look or gesture
- something offered as an inducement
- a swindler, esp. a shill
- Something offered to allure or attract; an inducement, especially to buy.
- Slang A sexual or romantic approach or proposal.
- Something intended to attract, as in an advertisement.
- The free offers are just come ons to get you in the store so the sales staff can work on you.
- A statement or sometimes action reflecting sexual or relational interest.
- I thought he'd asked me to lunch to discuss business; I wasn't expecting a come on.