cocked hatcocked hat
- a three-cornered hat with a turned-up brim
- a hat pointed in front and in back and with the crown rising to a point
cocked hat Idioms
knock into a cocked hat
Slang to damage or spoil completely
A hat with the brim turned up in two or three places, especially a three-cornered hat; a tricorn.
(plural cocked hats)
- A hat with the brim turned up to form two or three points; a bicorn or tricorn
- (nautical) The triangular space formed by the intersection of the position lines on a chart determined by plotting three bearings; the approximate position of the ship
- A game similar to ninepins, except that only three pins, arranged in a triangle, are used.