Origin of biomefrom bi(o)- + Modern Latin -oma, -oma
The definition of a biome is a regional or global land area that is characterized by the plants, animals and climate in that area.
An example of a biome is a desert which has plants and animals that live successfully with extreme heat and little or no rainfall.
any of several major life zones of interrelated plants and animals determined by the climate, as deciduous forest or desert
A major regional or global biotic community, such as grassland or desert, characterized chiefly by its prevailing climate and vegetation.
bio- + -ome
- While you won't be able to create your own unique characters for Spore in Maxis BIOME, you will get plenty of exposure into at least one of the critical elements in the upcoming blockbuster game.
- The team at Maxis developed a series of different prototypes, like BIOME, to explore the different design directions that Spore could take when it was ready for mass consumption.
- You may not be particularly familiar with the Maxis BIOME project, but considering that the game is 100% free to download and play, it could certainly be worth your while.
- Electronic Arts says that by issuing some of these prototypes, like BIOME, to the public, they are offering gamers a "golden ticket" into the creative process.
- Instead, Maxis BIOME will get you to look into "chemical stoichiometry" and how the different cells in the biome react to chemical changes in the environment.