- The definition of biochemistry is a field of science that deals with the study of chemical processes in plants and animals.
An example of biochemistry is the study of cell metabolism.
biochemistry definition by Webster's New World
biochemistry definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The study of the chemical substances and vital processes occurring in living organisms; biological chemistry; physiological chemistry.
- The chemical composition of a particular living system or biological substance: viral biochemistry.
- biˌo·chemˈi·cal adjective & n.
- biˌo·chemˈi·cal·ly adverb
- biˌo·chemˈist noun
biochemistry - Cultural Definition
The study of the structure and interactions of the complex organic molecules (see also organic molecule) found in living systems.
biochemistry - Medical Definition
- The study of the chemical substances and vital processes occurring in living organisms.
- The chemical composition of a particular living system or biological substance.
- biochemical adjective
biochemistry - Science Definition