- The definition of biochemistry is a field of science that deals with the study of chemical processes in plants and animals.
An example of biochemistry is the study of cell metabolism.
a science that deals with the chemistry of life processes in plants and animals
- The study of the chemical substances and vital processes occurring in living organisms; biological chemistry; physiological chemistry.
- The chemical composition of a particular living system or biological substance: viral biochemistry.
(countable and uncountable, plural biochemistries)
- (uncountable) The chemistry of those compounds that occur in living organisms, and the processes that occur in their metabolism and catabolism
- I want to study biochemistry.
- (countable) The chemical characteristics of a particular living organism
- The biochemistries of fungal and bacterial cells are quite distinct.
- (countable) The biochemical activity associated with a particular chemical or condition
- Our study compared the biochemistries of epilepsy and Parkinson's.
- The biochemistry of NO differs from that of NO2.
From bio- + chemistry