- struck with repeated blows; whipped
- shaped or made thin by hammering
- flattened by treading; much traveled: a beaten path
- crushed in spirit by defeat
- tired out
- searched through for game
Origin of beatenpast participle of beat
off the beaten track
- away or apart from others of its kind
- unusual, unfamiliar, original, etc.
- Formed or made thin by hammering: beaten gold.
- Worn by continuous use; familiar and much traveled: a village located well off the beaten path.
- Totally worn-out; exhausted.
(comparative more beaten, superlative most beaten)
- repeatedly struck
- (cookery - of a liquid) mixed by paddling with a wooden spoon or other implement
- past participle of beat
beat + -en