Backstage at a theatre.
backstage definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
in or to that part of the stage or theater behind the proscenium, esp. the wings, the dressing rooms, etc.
- situated backstage
- of or relating to the life of people in show business
- of or relating to secret or private activities or dealings
backstage definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- In or toward the area behind the performing space in a theater, especially the area comprising the dressing rooms.
- In secret; privately.
- Of, relating to, occurring in, or situated behind the performing area of a theater.
- Concealed from the public; private.