- in or to the offstage: to go offstage
- when not actually appearing before the public
- Situated or taking place in the area of a stage that is invisible to the audience.
- Of, relating to, or taking place in private life: an offstage persona.
- Away from the area of a stage visible to the audience.
- a. In private life: an actor known offstage by another name.b. Behind the scenes; not visible to the public: The meetings between the leaders took place offstage.
- Taking place offstage (as above)