offstage definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
that part of a stage, as the wings, not visible to the audience
in or from the offstage: an offstage whisper
- in or to the offstage: to go offstage
- when not actually appearing before the public
offstage definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Situated or taking place in the area of a stage that is invisible to the audience.
- Of, relating to, or taking place in private life: an offstage persona.
- Away from the area of a stage visible to the audience.
- a. In private life: an actor known offstage by another name.b. Behind the scenes; not visible to the public: The meetings between the leaders took place offstage.