- An example of backdrop is a mural of mountains in the back of a stage.
- An example of backdrop is the White House serving as the location for an important meeting about world peace.
The definition of backdrop means the setting or location, or the mural scene behind the set of a play that sets the imaginary location for the scene.
- a curtain hung at the back of a stage, often painted to represent some scene
- background or setting, as of an event
- A painted cloth hung at the back of a stage set.
- The setting, as of a historical event; the background.
(third-person singular simple present backdrops, present participle backdropping, simple past and past participle backdropped)
- To serve as a backdrop for.
- a brilliant sunset backdropping the famous skyline