- An example of backdrop is a mural of mountains in the back of a stage.
- An example of backdrop is the White House serving as the location for an important meeting about world peace.
- a curtain hung at the back of a stage, often painted to represent some scene
- background or setting, as of an event
- A painted cloth hung at the back of a stage set.
- The setting, as of a historical event; the background.
(third-person singular simple present backdrops, present participle backdropping, simple past and past participle backdropped)
- To serve as a backdrop for.
- a brilliant sunset backdropping the famous skyline