The definition of an arbor is an area that is shaded with trees or with framework that has climbing plants on it.noun
An example of an arbor is a latticework garden frame covered with vines over a patio.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- a place shaded by trees or shrubs or, esp., by vines on a latticework; bower
- a garden or lawn
- an orchard
Origin: ME erber < OFr erbier, herbier < LL herbarium, herbarium
noun pl. arbores
Origin: L, a tree, beam: see arduous
- a shaft; beam
- a spindle; axle
- a round bar that holds a cutting tool or an article being turned on a lathe
Origin: Fr arbre, tree, axis < L arbor: see arbor
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Origin: Middle English erber, from Old French erbier, garden, from erbe, herb; see herb.
- An axis or shaft supporting a rotating part on a lathe.
- A bar for supporting cutting tools.
- A spindle of a wheel, as in watches and clocks.
- pl. ar·bo·res A tree, as opposed to a shrub.
Origin: French arbre, from Latin arbor, tree.
arbor - Medical Definition
noun pl. ar·bo·res