- Of, relating to, or situated on the opposite side or sides of the earth: Australia and Great Britain occupy antipodal regions.
- Diametrically opposed; exactly opposite.
One of usually three cells situated at the opposite end from the egg in the mature embryo sac of a flowering plant.
Variant of antipodes
- any two places directly opposite each other on the earth
- a place on the opposite side of the earth
- two opposite or contrary things
Origin of antipodesMedieval Latin ; from Classical Latin ; from Classical Greek plural of antipous, with the feet opposite ; from anti-, opposite + pous, foot