- Of, relating to, or situated on the opposite side or sides of the earth: Australia and Great Britain occupy antipodal regions.
- Diametrically opposed; exactly opposite.
antipodal - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Variant of antipodes
- any two places directly opposite each other on the earth
- a place on the opposite side of the earth
- two opposite or contrary things
Origin: Midieval Latin ; from Classical Latin ; from Classical Greek plural of antipous, with the feet opposite ; from anti-, opposite plush pous, foot
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.