- The definition of afternoon is the time between noon and evening.
Going for a walk an hour before sunset is an example of an afternoon stroll.
afternoon definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the time of day from noon to evening
- any period of beginning decline
of, in, or for the afternoon
afternoon definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The part of day from noon until sunset.
- The latter part: in the afternoon of life.