- a person or animal that hunts
- a dog trained for hunting
- a horse trained to carry a rider over open country, as in fox hunting
- a watch with a hunting case
Origin of hunterMiddle English huntere
- One who hunts game.
- A dog bred or trained for use in hunting.
- A horse, typically a strong fast jumper, that has been bred or trained for use in hunting.
- One who searches for or seeks something: a treasure hunter.
- Hunter green.
- One who hunts game for sport or for food; a huntsman or huntswoman.
- A dog used in hunting.
- A horse used in hunting, especially a thoroughbred, bred and trained for hunting.
- One who hunts or seeks after anything.
- The hunter becomes the hunted.
- a fortune hunter
- A kind of spider, the huntsman or hunting spider.
- A hunting watch, or one of which the crystal is protected by a metallic cover.
From hunt + -er.